As a preferred expert service provider in Digital Signage Solutions, Evolve was approached by Digital Media Solutions to provide a turnkey digital signage solution for Sandton Gautrain Station.
The Gautrain is a state-of-the-art rapid rail network in Gauteng. The rail connection comprises of two main links of which one is between OR Tambo International Airport and Sandton Gautrain Station. This incredible commuter service takes less than 15 minutes, which in Gauteng commuter terms is truly revolutionary. As such, this station enjoys an ever-increasing hub of activity.
With all that foot traffic through the station, Continental Outdoor, Africa’s largest outdoor billboard marketing company, won the tender to manage the digital signage.
Evolve was given the task to create a complete digital signage solution on six of the escalators in the station. In total we installed 80 display units with the individual display configurations ranging between eight and sixteen displays each.
Every display was fitted with its own media player and software was developed to create an advert display that would follow the commuter either up or down the elevator. All content can be remotely uploaded to each escalator configuration for complete end-to-end management of the digital signage solution.
The entire project ran for approximately three years from inception to final delivery and the installation enjoys a 99% uptime due to pro-active maintenance and 24-hour support offered by Evolve.
• Installation of digital signage on six of the Sandton Gautrain Station escalators in display configurations of between 8 and 16 individual displays
• 80 displays were installed in total
• Every display has it’s own media player
• Software was developed to allow for adverts to follow commuters up and down
• Remote upload facility to each escalator control unit
• Design, Manufacture, Procurement, Supply, Installation and Management of Turnkey Solution
• Project Management
• Network Support
• Content Management
• Monthly Service and Maintenance